During my time at the Groningen Center of Expertise for Language and Communication Disorders, I worked at the development of an iPad app for testing verb processing. I made a prototype that we showed at different occasions and tried out with patients for collecting normative data. I also programmed an app for a colleague to collect her experimental data (see here and here). These apps were written in Objective-C.
During my PhD research, I used Ruby scripts to clean-up my ERP data. More information on that can be found in my blog post regarding this issue.
In my free time, I enjoy to extend my programming skills and more theoretical understanding on this matter. I have followed some online courses on this subject. I have also read/am reading some textbooks and just recently started to get more acquainted with the Go programming language. Currently I’m working on my first web app written in Go.
Teaching & Guest lectures
I have taught the following classes at the University of Groningen:
- “Taaltests in de klinische linguïstiek” (2011/2012, 2012/2013)
- “Taalverweving” (part of Psycholinguistics, 2012/2013)
- “Taalverwerking” (part of Psycholinguistics, 2011/2012)
- Assistance at “Social Media” (2011/2012)
- Aphasiology Practicum “Neurolinguistiek I 2008/2009 (teacher: Roel Jonkers)”; 4 lectures, topics: Neuroanatomy, History of Aphasia, Paraphasias and Social Impacts of Aphasia
I have given the following guest lectures at the University of Groningen:
- Guest Lecture “European Master in Clinical Linguistics 2011/2012, 2012/2013, 2013/2014 (teacher: Roelien Bastiaanse)”; Topic: Aphasiabank
- Guest Lecture “European Master in Clinical Linguistics 2010/2011 (teacher: Roelien Bastiaanse)”; Topic: The Influence of Speechreading on Aphasic Comprehension (pdf)
- Guest Lecture “Hot topic in Linguistics 2009/2010 (teacher: Laura Bos)”; Topic: “Stoornissen van taalbegrip bij afasie en de invloed van liplezen erop” (Deficits in language perception in aphasia and the influence of lip-reading on it) (pdf)
- Guest Lecture “European Master in Clinical Linguistics 2009/2010 (teacher: Roelien Bastiaanse)”; Topic: The Influence of Lip-Reading on Aphasic Comprehension (pdf)
- Guest Lecture “Onderzoekscollege Neurolinguistiek 2008/2009 (teacher: Roel Jonkers)”; Topic: The McGurk effect in Aphasia
- Guest Lecture “Hot topic in Linguistics 2008/2009 (teacher: Gerard Bol)”; Topic: “Luisteren en kijken om te begrijpen - multimodaliteit van taalperceptie” (Listening and watching to understand - multimodality of speech perception)